If we consider the BizTalk architecture;
from the 'BizTalk Server: Presentations Gallery' We can see that there are 3 possible places where your maps are executed (in classic BizTalk);
- Inbound (on the receive port)
- Outbound (on the send port)
- Business Process (within an orchestration)
- We have an issue, we know it is in the map (analysis of the exception, output)
- We let the team from ‘fixoursystem-land’ solve the issue in their dev, they test it before usage
- We deploy it to the test environment, they test it before usage (deployed by a dev/admin)
- We deploy it to the critical/live environment….(deployed by an admin)
- We need to ensure that the correct version is deployed….how?
Let’s consider the options that we have in this scenario, can we do a test without visual studio?
|Visual Studio allowed||Yes||No||No|
|Risk of corrupting a system when running tests||Low||High||Unacceptable|
|Testing maps possible without live environment||Yes||No||No|
So basically no way, without possibly changing the connected systems! Considering each environment, we typically have the following options are available…
Click in the File menu on the menu item “Create envelope with multiple input messages”.
In the Wizard pop-up click on the “Add File” button to select a XML file to add to the envelope. You can select multiple input messages. Click on “Finish” to create the envelope.
Enter the filename of the envelope in the “Save As” pop-up and click on the “Save” button.
Enter the fully qualified name of the map and click on the “Test Map” button to test the map.
In the Result tab is the transformed message shown. In the Info screen is the execution time shown and the name of the transformed file.