File Adapter quirks

Since I try to have posts for all the adapters I have encountered it can be that this is a post that it not new for all the people already working with BizTalk for a long time. It just wanted to have it on my blog for the sake of completeness;

The FILE adapters requires that the Host Instance account user has FULL Control on the folder it tries to read from.

I was giving a course on security in BizTalk and explained the security modal of BizTalk (like BizTalk operator / BizTalk administrator) and the ability to run Host instances under minimal privileges accounts (BizTalk Application Users member) and had a hard time to explain why the file was not picked up when Read only rights were assigned.

This answer is: because I said so Winking smile

 

Regards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure implementation guidelines

UK Connected Systems User Group – BizTalk Services questions

Setting up a build server with the BizTalk Deployment Framework