Dynamic SMTP Send Port - Unknown Error Description

The other day I was using the Dynamic SMTP port to send an email message after a technical error had occurred in BizTalk.

I used a BRE Policy to configure the Email settings and had set the SMTP.EmailBodyText property.

Although there are a lot of things that can go wrong I was convinced it was rooted in my BRE call and result.

It took me several dreadful minutes before i stumbled on a post of a fellow BizTalk developer who had faced the same issue.

It turns out that when you use the BodyText you MUST set the charset:

EmailMessage(SMTP.EmailBodyTextCharset) = "UTF-8";

 

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure implementation guidelines

UK Connected Systems User Group – BizTalk Services questions

Setting up a build server with the BizTalk Deployment Framework