Azure subscription migration process

 

I had a windows Live ID linked to my MSDN subscription, when changing jobs my former employer motion10 was so kind to keep the subscription active for a short period, allowing me to migrate my subscription to my new employer Caesar.

Hereby the steps for this process to succeed

  • The first requirement is that the bill has been paid Smile

image

  • Determine the current and new subscription ids

image

image

  • Contact Microsoft support (from within the portal)

image

Choose the subscription for which the ticket is created

image

Choose the type of support call (subscription transfer-migration)

image

image

  • The new subscription must be bound to the same Live ID for the migration to work

image

  • The destination subscription may not contain any artefacts, so be careful with an Active Directory as this is created and active for all your subscriptions linked to your LiveID

ActiveDirectory

  • In my case the Active Directory was causing an issue, fortenately, the backend team is prepared for this type of migration

“I will now go ahead and work with my backend team to do a force migration so that we can complete your request. This might take 48 to 72hrs.”

  • As my previous subscription was an US based I could use the Azure Store, my new subscription is Europe based, so these apps are not migrated (adding to the complexity)

image

  • In the end it took 4 days to complete the entire migration, giving the priority (medium) and complexity I think that´s good!
  • image

     

    HTH,

    Sander

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure implementation guidelines

UK Connected Systems User Group – BizTalk Services questions

Setting up a build server with the BizTalk Deployment Framework